[Forum] China-Africa Deans of Education Forum
The China-Africa Deans of Education Forum is back in 2023!
This year's forum, themed “Transforming Education for Resilient Futures”, will dive deep into discussions on educational innovation, inclusiveness, and transformation of teacher education.
• How can we use innovation and technology to elevate both the quality and equity of education?
• How do we guarantee that marginalised communities receive quality education? How might education serve as a tool to cultivate a more inclusive society?
• Facing future challenges, how can we redefine and revolutionise teacher education?
Date and Time
November 15, 2023, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Jingshi Hall, Jingshi Xuetang, Beijing Normal University
Supported by: National Commission of the People's Republic of China for UNESCO
Hosted by: Beijing Normal University
• Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University
• UNESCO International Research and Training Centre for Rural Education (INRULED)
• UNESCO International Institute for Capacity Building in Africa (IICBA)
• Institute of International and Comparative Education of Beijing Normal University, Key Research Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences for Universities, Ministry of education of China
• Centre for Teacher Education Research of Beijing Normal University, Key Research Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences for Universities, Ministry of Education of China
• Huiyan International College, Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University
• College of Education, Zhejiang Normal University
Transforming Education for Resilient Futures
The United Nations’ Transforming Education Summit emphasises that the world still faces crises in terms of educational equity, inclusion, quality and relevance. These pressing issues underscore the urgent need for profound transformations in our educational systems. Deans from China and Africa will collaboratively address the current challenges in education, delve deeply into the futures of education, and explore tangible paths for educational transformation.
Innovating Education for Creative Societies
Technology and innovation play an indispensable role in constructing inclusive learning environments, particularly in areas affected by conflict and remoteness. This forum will focus on the practices of innovation and technology in education, covering the role of digital technologies in teaching and the cutting-edge developments in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education etc.
Cultivating Education for Cohesive and Inclusive Societies
Providing education for marginalised groups is key to achieving social cohesion and inclusivity. Education not only reflects the inclusiveness of a society but also acts as the driving force pushing society towards greater inclusion. Education Deans from China and Africa will share and discuss how, in their respective socio-economic contexts, education can be leveraged to foster social unity and inclusion.
Preparing Future Teachers for Transformative Work
With technological advancements and rapid societal shifts, the role of teachers is undergoing a profound transformation, evolving from traditional knowledge transmitters to catalysts for social and educational change. Deans from China and Africa will explore ways to inspire agency and creativity in teachers, jointly venturing into the future landscape of education.
08:30-10:00 Opening Ceremony and Launch of the Network of China-Africa Educational Institutions
10:00-10:40 Keynote Speech
10:40-12:00 Sub-forum One: Innovating Education for Creative Societies
14:00-15:30 Sub-forum Two: Cultivating Education for Cohesive and Inclusive Societies
15:30-17:00 Sub-forum Three: Preparing Future Teachers for Transformative Work
17:00-17:30 Wrap-up and Closing
Chinese and English (Simultaneous interpretation provided.)